It’s not every day that you get to revisit your high school prom days. And it’s even rarer that you can do so and support a charity. Yet on Saturday, May 18, there was dancing, cool music (thanks to DJ Meow Mix of Lethal Rhythms) and even a prom king and queen at the Linus Foundation’s fundraiser and social event.
Held at the W Buckhead, there was plenty of schmoozing (and boozing). Guests chatted, danced, browsed vendors such as GO Coconut Water and Young Hearted Apparel. If that wasn’t enough, the OMG Photo Booth kept partygoers entertained. Linus Foundation Atlanta’s Chapter President James Hicks remarked that the Prom was one of the more social events of the year, and other fundraisers include a Kickball Tournament in August. The featured charity of the evening was Atlanta Children’s Shelter, a local safe haven and shelter for homeless kids and their families.
For more on the Linus Foundation, visit http://linusfoundation.org/atlanta-branch
By Kaity Moreira
- Girl, 17, dead in crash involving prom-bound teens (cp24.com)
- 1940s-themed proms held for seniors who missed out due to war (cbc.ca)
- Photos: Dressed to impress at school proms (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Lesbian Wins Prom King At Her School (buzzfeed.com)
- Lesbian student wins Prom King at Lane Tech High School (realtalkrealdebate.wordpress.com)
- Kate Middleton Inspired Prom Dresses (myfashioncents.com)
- Prom Themes and Original Costume Accessories (anytimecostumes.com)
- Charlotte area high schools host prom event for special needs students (charlotte.news14.com)
- Girl Says She Wasn’t Allowed At Prom Because Of Her Big Chest! (now100fm.cbslocal.com)
- Prom! (phillipsexeteradmissions.wordpress.com)