It’s not often that you get to come face to face with a best-selling author and get to ask questions, and it’s even rarer to have the opportunity with an author who wrote on one of our favorite topics, fashion! Yet both parts to this dream came true on Wednesday, July 12, right here in Atlanta. The event was hosted by the MJCCA and sponsored by Saks Fifth Avenue, Fashion Group International, Jezebel and The Atlantan magazines, and A Capella books.
Ms. Weisberger was incredibly down-to-earth in person, and talked about her writing process as well as her experiences that informed her writing. She spoke about her time interning at Vogue magazine in New York, and the similarities that occurred in the book and subsequent movie. Audience members were eager to know about the movie in comparison to the book. The author responded jokingly, “There was no makeover in the book. I wish it would have happened to me!” and her answers to all questions had a similar refreshing humor and frankness.
Her new book is titled Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, and it is the sequel to the The Devil Wears Prada. (This book is coming out ten years after the first, although Ms. Weisberger has authored three other bestselling books in the meantime.) The book begins eight years after “Andy” quit her job at Runway magazine, and she’s now running her own magazine as a writer and reporter. Andy’s getting married, and yet some things still keep her up at night thinking of the past. Before long, however, she finds that there are some people who just keep coming back…
The book’s ending is a surprise, but it’s sure to keep you on your fashionable toes this summer.
By Kaity Moreira
- Monday Review: Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger (coverrated.com)
- A Chat with Lauren Weisberger About New Book Revenge Wears Prada (fashionista.com)
- Lauren Weisberger Talks ‘Revenge Wears Prada’ (oceandrive.com)
- Devil Wears Prada author Lauren Weisberger: Why I buy celebrity rags (metro.co.uk)
- A chat with Lauren Weisberger about new book “Revenge wears Prada” (francescaeilaria.wordpress.com)
- Lauren Weisberger: Why I’ve revived my Devil in Prada (standard.co.uk)
- Bargain Alert! Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger (@LWeisberger) for £3.99 (UK Kindle) (randomizeme.net)
- Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Laura Weisberger (lazybookworm.wordpress.com)
- Lauren Weisberger Launches Revenge Wears Prada in London (shoppingblog.com)
- Revenge Wears Prada : The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger (readinginthesunshine.wordpress.com)