Finding the perfect face wash can be as difficult as finding the right pair of jeans. There are just too many brands out there claiming to work miracles upon your skin, but loaded with components that are practically impossible to pronounce. Even products giving themselves accolades for being organic and paraben free have unrecognizable elements.
Yes, we can go though the trial and error of spending absurd amounts of money finding the face wash that is “just right,” but why waste your time? Why spend a week feeling unsatisfied about the way your skin looks? Why keep applying scrubs and washes that we can’t be certain are even good for our skin?
Natural home remedies are the surest way to know that what you’re applying to your skin is 100% natural and will properly treats your skin the way you want it to.
My favorite discovery has been my honey and baking soda scrub. I know it sounds crazy, but it’s such a clarifying, gentle scrub. Honey is a natural moisturizer and baking soda is a wonderful exfoliator, and combined they make a wonderful, gentle scrub that can be used daily.
All you need is:
– Local honey (local honey is rich is pollens that are beneficial to calming allergies)
– Baking soda
– 3oz. glass jar (baby food jars work well)
Combine two tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of baking soda and stir well; however, this recipe is meant to be modified to your liking, and depending on your skin type, you can add more or less baking soda. My skin tends to be on the oily side, so I added about two teaspoons to my concoction. Now, the mixture does tend to separate, so before you apply it to your face, give it a stir. There is no need to add water; simply wet your face with water; scoop scrub out with your fingers and gently, with a circular pattern, wash your entire face and neck. When you feel as though you have thoroughly cleansed your face, rinse with warm water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. And, never forget to moisturize!
I’ve been regularly using this wash for about a year, and my skin is less oily. I have fewer breakouts caused by spikes in my hormones, and my overall complexion has evened out. Start taking your skin care into your own hands!
By Hannah Rose Broom
- Emma Stone’s Secret to Glowing Skin is Baking Soda (beautyhigh.com)
- Make Baking Soda the Star of Your Beauty Routine (myfashioncents.com)
- 7 Ways to Combat Oily Summer Skin (myfashioncents.com)
- how to incorporate baking soda into your beauty regime. (theemarthagold.wordpress.com)
- Tips For Maintaining The Health Of Your Skin (skincaretoday.info)
- Beauty 101** Ultimate Holiday Beauty Essentials (manchestersocial101.com)
- Home Remedy Review – Lemon Baking Soda Mask! (glossandliner.wordpress.com)
- All-Natural Skincare Routine + DIY Rose Water Toner (jjbegonia.com)
- Homemade Natural Skin Care (homeiswhereverimwithyou3.wordpress.com)
- Baking soda helps to remove dead skin. (fygolan.wordpress.com)