This cleverly written book on beauty by Michael F. Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet C. OZ, M.D. goes beyond the average self-help book with its bright, motivational clichés. The title is somewhat misleading, because I thought it was going to be more of a diet and exercise book. You: Being Beautiful fascinatingly breaks down inner and outer beauty to a science, analyzing our bodies from the inside – out in order to determine the authenticity of beauty.
The book is separated into three parts: Part I: Looking Beautiful discusses our physical beauty and the subtleties certain traits relay to the opposite sex. Each chapter, whether it’s on skin, hair, teeth, hands & feet, or shape, begins with a tangible breakdown of how each system works on a chemical level, delving into how our bodies operate and our brain is involved. Part II: Feeling Beautiful asks the big questions we hide in our subconscious. These chapters explore how our psychological state can affect our physiological balance as well as our overall livelihood. Lastly, Part III: Being Beautiful touches on our emotional state of feeling beautiful. We are not always aware that our personal dissatisfaction, whatever it may be, can lead to hurt relationships with loved ones and lack of self-worth and happiness; thus, evolving into feelings of internal and external ugliness. Fortunately, each topic addressed comes with a set of tools to guide you to a more beautiful you!
I most appreciated how each chapter was approached with an unbiased and straightforward tone. The subjects discussed are matters that we typically keep very private, but the wit and humor used throughout the book lightened the mood, allowing the reader to think deeply about themselves without any feelings of judgment or disdain.
If you’re ready for a change and you want to learn more about why and how you operate, take a peek at You: Being Beautiful. This quick read helps you gain awareness and a greater of understanding of yourself, as well as, how to treat yourself in order to become the more beautiful person that you know you are!
By Hanna Rose Broom
- California Walnuts Twitter Party Tuesday (resourcefulmommy.com)
- Breaking Out of a Bad Mood- Fast! Dcp 4/9/13 (synergistichealthblog.wordpress.com)
- Wedding Skin Beauty Routine (clarinsusa.com)
- Hiking the Desert: Exploring the Beauty of Mesa Arizona (local.answers.com)
- Breathe Easy in the Pollen Season Dcp 5/7/13 (synergistichealthblog.wordpress.com)
- B.e.a.u.t.y (hollieboyson.wordpress.com)
- You Are Beautiful by Ken Paves (thegrassskirtblog.com)
- Plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Perry launches his honest line of skin care (rushprnews.com)
- Pure True Beauty (3lvo.wordpress.com)
- Inner Beauty and Its Importance (ezibbs.wordpress.com)