ROME, Ga., July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — As the Black Diamond Jet Team takes to the skies above Richard B. Russell Regional Airport in Rome, Ga., on Oct. 12-13 for the 2013 Wings Over North Georgia, there will be plenty of action to enjoy on the ground as well.
Back by popular demand is the Smoke-n-Thunder BBQ Classic competition. Also expanded is the venue footprint so that General Aviation aircraft enthusiasts have the opportunity to attend the air show by flying directly into Richard B. Russell Regional Airport. Additionally, airport camping options are provided for those event-goers who want to spend the night at the airport.
“With the government sequestration mandates in place, the 2013 Wings Over North Georgia air show is very fortunate to have the Black Diamond Jet Demonstration Team plus the General Aviation Fly-In and BBQ Classic attraction together all in one place. We have solidified another outstanding performer line-up,” said John Cowman, president of JLC AirShow Management.
The second annual Smoke-n-Thunder Barbeque Classic™ is an official Kansas City Barbeque Society (KSBS) sanctioned event, the largest society of barbeque enthusiasts in the world. More than 50 professional barbeque competitors will gather with the goal of impressing the judges with their one-of-a-kind recipes. Competitors will battle it out to show off their chicken, pork, pork ribs and beef brisket entries while competing for a cash purse and prizes exceeding $15,000.
General Aviation aircraft enthusiasts will have the opportunity to attend the air show by flying directly into Richard B. Russell Regional Airport (KRMG). Asphalt and grass transient parking spots will be available. Aircraft operators are required to bring chocks and tie-down equipment.
For guests that would like to use their aircraft as a static display during the show hours, the general admissions ticket fees to the show will be waived for the pilot and co-pilot. All other guests onboard the aircraft will be required to purchase a general admission ticket, or guests can purchase an upgraded seating option via the air show web site.
Wings Over North Georgia offers premium air show camping options for guests at an affordable price. General Aviation; RV and Camper/Tent spaces are located on the air show grounds.
Additional information is available at www.WingsOverNorthGeorgia.com. Guests can register to receive updates about performers, attractions, schedules and more. Wings Over North Georgia can also be found on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Google+.
JLC AirShow Management
CONTACT: John Cowman or Tina Bowling
SOURCE Wings Over North Georgia
Web Site: http://wingsovernorthgeorgia.com
- Wings Over North Georgia Presents Mike Wiskus, Lucas Oil Airshow & Parachute Team (sys-con.com)
- Trolley link to airport planned (fox5sandiego.com)
- Yakima Air Terminal’s master plan takes flight (yakimaherald.com)
- University of North Georgia launching economic development effort (onlineathens.com)
- Flood watch extended for much of north Georgia (savannahnow.com)
- Santa Rosa Island Authority Presents Pensacola Beach Air Show (prweb.com)
- Real Estate Scorecard Salutes Groundbreaking of Top 10 Georgia Hospital – North Georgia Medical Center in Braselton (prweb.com)
- Veterans ride the skies on Independence Day (dvidshub.net)
- Plane with wing walker crashes at Ohio air show (whas11.com)
- Flood watch extended for much of north Georgia (onlineathens.com)