District Design Week, a premier fête of fall fashion and design featuring exclusive retailers from Atlanta’s Westside Provisions District, announces that Lexus will present A Really Good Strut runway show on Friday, September 6, from 6 to 9 p.m. The runway show will begin promptly at 7 p.m. The kick-off event, benefitting the Ovarian Cancer Institute, will reveal the District’s boutique fall fashions in an authentic runway show taking place across the Westside Provisions District bridge.
A Really Good Strut runway show will feature nationally renowned District retailers including Anthropologie, Billy Reid, Calypso St. Barth, Free People, Everything But Water, G. Gilbert, lululemon, Kayce Hughes and Steven Alan. To accompany the dynamic mix of couture at the show, Dragonfly Salon will put finishing touches on runway looks with hair and makeup. While getting an exclusive glimpse of fall fashion trends, guests will groove to live music, sip seasonally inspired cocktails, savor light bites and shop for featured runway items during retailers’ extended store hours.
As the presenting sponsor for A Really Good Strut, Lexus will showcase the totally redesigned, ALL NEW 2014 IS luxury sport sedan and offer guests a truly Lexus experience with complementary valet and a VIP lounge. The Lexus Lounge will feature furniture from the District’s home décor retailers as well as specialty cocktails for guests to enjoy.
District Design Week continues the fashion festivities through Friday, September 13. See below for retailers’ event lineup:
Thursday, September 5
- Kayce Hughes hosts Gild Designs and Mary Kay Hunt trunk shows to feature the one-of-a-kind collections – all day. Cocktails begin at 5 p.m.
Friday, September 6
- Kayce Hughes hosts their Fall Collection Kick-Off Party. Designer Kayce Hughes will be in-store before and after A Really Good Strut to discuss her designs and offer style consultations. Cocktails and light bites included – 4 to 9 p.m.
- Le Jardin hosts free wedding consultations. Experts will assist with color schemes, seasonal flowers and floral styles while guests browse through wedding portfolios and enjoy tea and French pastries. Call 404-72-1680 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins welcome. Event also takes place onSaturday, September 7 – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, September 7
- Jack Spade hosts “Belts & Buckles.” Billy Moore of Cause and Effect will be leading the belt-making workshop and Ben’s Brown Bag will supply sliders and homemade chips – 12 to 5 p.m.
- Steven Alan presents an Artemis Design Company trunk show with featured guest and designer Milicent Armstrong. Send RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Book signing at Ann Mashburn featuring Jeannette Montgomery Barron – 1 to 4 p.m.
- Atlanta MADE hosts a quilt trunk show – time TBA
- Billy Reid hosts artist Bradley Gordon, whose paintings are displayed throughout the boutique – 4 to 7 p.m.
- Environment hosts “Taste of Brazil” to feature products made from reclaimed Brazilian woods. Tapas and wine included – 4 to 7 p.m.
Thursday, September 12
- Kayce Hughes hosts Calliespondence Pop Up Shop featuring personalized greeting cards –10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m.
- FLOR hosts mixer and guest speaker for “How Fashion Influences Interiors” – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Atlanta MADE hosts a jewelry trunk show – time TBA
Valet parking will be available at the 14th Street entrance and in front of Ann Mashburn. For more information on District Design Week and the latest fashion news, please visit the Westside Provisions District website and Facebook page.